Gynura aurantiaca "Purple Passion" 6" hanging basket
Gynura is a genus of flowering plants in the daisy family Asteraceae. This plant is commonly known as "purple passion" because of the trailing, velvety purple leaves. Gynura's bold color and unique texture provide a nice contrast among the green leafy plants. Clusters of tiny orange-yellow flowers appear in the fall but may not appear in low-light conditions.
- Light - Full sun
- Soil - Well drained potting soil
- Watering -Keep evenly moist, reducing water slightly in winter
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Gynura aurantiaca - “Purple Passion”
Gynura is a genus of flowering plants in the daisy family Asteraceae. This plant is commonly known as "purple passion" and “Louisiana Velvet” because of the trailing, velvety purple leaves. Gynura's bold color and unique texture provide a nice contrast among the green leafy plants. Clusters of tiny orange-yellow flowers appear in the fall but may not appear without sufficient sunlight.
Light: full sun to part sun
Water: Keep evenly moist, reducing water slightly in winter if dictated by environment and growth habit.
Environment: Purple Passions like warm temperatures, avoid any cool drafts or chilled rooms. A little extra humidity plus air circulation is key to keeping its leaves looking their best.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic, however can encourage some allergies, so it’s best to handle with a little caution and avoid any ingestion.
Habit / SIze: stems can grow straight up to reclining/vining. Stems can grow up to 6’ long at maturity.
- Propagation: by cuttings - This is a simple and effective way to creat more plant for yourself or to share!
Native to southeast Asia
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, help avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.