Hemigraphis alternata "Purple Waffle Plant" 4"
The Purple waffle plant is a great little plant with crinkly foliage. The tops of the leaves are deep green but the bottoms are a royal purple. This is an easy-going houseplant provided ample moisture. While it might wilt dramatically when too dry, it springs back to life after a through drink!
- Light - Part sun to shade
- Watering - dry to the touch between watering
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Hemigraphis- “Waffle Plant”
Light: Hemigraphis needs bright, indirect light. Hot direct sun rays will cause the color of the leaves to wash out and the edges to burn. If the plant does not receive enough bright or filtered light, it can also lose some of the rich purple coloring.
Water: Waffle Plants like evenly moist soil, but never soggy, to avoid root rot. Consistent watering with well draining soil promotes growth and general well-being for this plant. They will wilt dramatically if allowed to dry out excessively.
Environment: Hemigraphis do not tolerate temperatures below 50 degrees. High humidity is essential. Keep them away from drafty windows, AC units, and radiators. Placing it on a humidity tray or misting it regularly is beneficial, especially in winter.
Toxicity: This plant is reported to be non-Toxic
- Fertilize with a water soluble fertilizer monthly during the spring and summer. Be careful not to splash fertilizer on the leaves to avoid chemical burns.
- It is best to use filtered water or demineralized water when watering to prevent the buildup of excess salts or chemicals in the soil.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.