Nothing quite says tropical like a hibiscus flower. It seems there are endless varieties of flower color from the classic deep red, yellow, or a mix of colors resembling a sunset! Foliage is glossy and deep green.
- Light - Full sun
- Watering - water when dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Species can vary. If you do have a preference in species or coloration we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. Flower color will vary. The state of the bloom will vary.
Light: Hibiscus love direct sunlight and would do best with at least a few hours of direct sunshine every day. A southern or western window would be ideal.
Water: Hibiscus like a thorough watering, but avoid letting them stand in still water. Allow the top few inches of soil to dry before watering again, but do not allow them to go completely dry.
Environment: Hibiscus are beautiful, tropical plants that need warm, humid conditions and some direct sunlight to thrive. Avoid cold drafts, AC units, and active radiators that reduce humidity levels. To encourage flowering, give weekly fertilizer feedings March–October. Never fertilize when the plant is dry to avoid damaging the roots.
Toxicity: This plant is reported to be non-toxic but is not edible.
- Pruning during the summer is great for the plant, encouraging new budding and shoots as well as establishing a few dominant branches for aesthetic impact.
- Hibiscus plants need regular fertilizing with a high potassium fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- The most common pests for Hibiscus are spider mites and aphids. Be on the lookout during spring and summer to avoid an infestation.
- An overwintered Hibiscus may drop its leaves indoors
All Hibiscus get yellow leaves occasionally. If your plant has many yellow leaves, it is likely stressed and needs care adjustments.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.