Hoya imbricata Basket
So cool! Hoya imbricat is unlike most species of Hoya. It is a shingling plant meaning its stems attach and climb to porous surfaces and its leaves cling to whatever porous surface it is growing on. If the stem does not have a support to climb, the leaves will fold in on themselves. This plant is best grown on a support such as climbing a stake or moss pole or mounted on a piece of cork or wood.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry down 15% between watering
- Soil - potting mix or epiphytic mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the. bloom state.
Hoya - “Wax Plant”
Light: Hoyas like a range of light: from bright indirect light, to being exposed to a few hours of direct sun. So placing them in or near an east, west or southern window is ideal. In order to bloom they need at least four hours of bright light a day.
Water: Hoyas are a type of succulent, so allow the soil to dry out before watering. Depending on the size of the plant and your environment, this could take 1-2 weeks in the summer and 2-3 weeks in the winter. They require well aerated, fast draining soil and a vessel that has a hole in the bottom for water to drain through is ideal. Using room-temperature water that has been “aged” or left sitting in an open container for at least 24 to 36 hours is beneficial. Hoya plants are epiphytic tropical plants that could be stressed by cold tap water.
Environment: Hoya plants can adapt to almost any moderate temperature, but prefer 60°- 65° at night and 70°- 80° during the day. Be sure to keep them away from drafty windows or doorways.
They like to climb, so it's suggested to plant them in a hanging pot or near something the plant can climb on. They grow particularly well over a trellis or around a window.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.