Hoya retusa 4.5"
Also referred to as the "Grass Leaf Hoya", this Hoya has extremely thin leaves. Not to be confused with the Hoya linearis which also has a thin grass-like leaf, but a slightly hairy surface. The Hoya retusa flowers quite frequently, but unlike most other Hoya, its flower are not clustered, but emerge individually across the plant. Flowers are cream colored with a magenta pink center and star shaped.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry down 20% between watering
- Soil - potting mix or epiphytic mix
Hoya - “Wax Plant”
Light: Hoyas like a range of light: from bright indirect light, to being exposed to a few hours of direct sun. So placing them in or near an east, west or southern window is ideal. In order to bloom they need at least four hours of bright light a day.
Water: Hoyas are a type of succulent, so allow the soil to dry out before watering. Depending on the size of the plant and your environment, this could take 1-2 weeks in the summer and 2-3 weeks in the winter. They require well aerated, fast draining soil and a vessel that has a hole in the bottom for water to drain through is ideal. Using room-temperature water that has been “aged” or left sitting in an open container for at least 24 to 36 hours is beneficial. Hoya plants are epiphytic tropical plants that could be stressed by cold tap water.
Environment: Hoya plants can adapt to almost any moderate temperature, but prefer 60°- 65° at night and 70°- 80° during the day. Be sure to keep them away from drafty windows or doorways.
They like to climb, so it's suggested to plant them in a hanging pot or near something the plant can climb on. They grow particularly well over a trellis or around a window.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.