Phlegmariurus squarrosus 4"
Phlegmariurus squarrosus, synonym being Huperzia squarrosa, is a species of lycophyte. Stems that create arching or nodding limbs with leaflets. Strange beast.
- Light -part sun to shade
- Watering - even moisture to slight dry to the touch
- Soil - coarse to medium grade coir or similar
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Phlegmariurus & Huperzia - “Tassel Fern”
Tassel Ferns are rare and delicate houseplants. Their unique cascading habits makes them a great choice for a hanging basket.
Light: The brightest light will suit your Tassel Fern well. Allowing some soft morning sun or brief dappled rays is also great. Avoid any harsh sun as this can quickly stress and burn the delicate leaves.
Water: Watering will be frequent, often several times per week or almost daily in warm / brightly light scenarios. They should be planted in a chunky medium (like coco coir pieces) which does not hold water well. Thus frequent soaks of water will be key to a happy plant..
Environment: A humid cushion is great for these plants. As they’re watered often, rinse the whole plant in doing so. This shower will help provide the ambient moisture they rely on.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic if ingested. While this is commonly called a “Tassel Fern” it is not a true fern…
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.