Jasminum nitidum 4"
Jasmine is a genus of flowering shrubs and vines in the Olive family. The Jasminium has a sweet fragrant star shaped white bloom. Heavenly.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Soil - well drained all purpose potting mix
- Watering - keep evenly moist, reducing water slightly in winter
- Propagation - by cuttings
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Jasminum - “Jasmine” includes Cestrum
(note: Cestrum is not a true Jasmine)
Light: Jasmine prefers bright, natural sunlight, but does not require direct sun. An east facing window would be a perfect place for a Jasmine plant. Jasmine can benefit from spending time outdoors in Spring/Summer in a partly shaded location.
Water: Soil should be kept slightly moist, but not soggy. Feel the soil daily and water when the top inch of soil feels dry. If dry, water until thoroughly moist. Soil should be damp and well drained. Watering may slow down during the winter months.
Environment: Jasmine likes warm and humid environments. They will not survive extreme cold, so keep them away from any drafts. Try to keep temperatures between 60-75 degrees, and never below 45 degrees. These vining and branching plants may grow well on a trellis or in hanging baskets.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic to animals
- Exposing certain varieties of Jasmine to temperatures around 55-60 degrees Fahrenheit can encourage blooming
- Early season vining jasmine can be prone to spider mites or mealy bugs, so be sure to check for them regularly
- Avoid pruning if possible, but if you must it’s advised to do so after the blooming season.
- When fertilizing jasmine, you want to use fertilizer that is rich in potassium and phosphorus. This type of fertilizer will help extend the bloom time of the plant. Indoor Jasmine plants should be fertilized at least twice a year. During the growing season of spring and summer, liquid fertilizer can be fed to the plant every few weeks.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.