- Light - full sun
- Watering - dry between watering
- Soil - succulent mix
Species and coloration can vary. If you do have a preference in species and coloration we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Lithops - “Living Stones”
Light: Lithops do well if they receive approximately 4-5 hours of direct (or slightly filtered) sunlight during the early part of the day, and partial shade during the afternoon. A Southern or Eastern facing window is ideal.
Water: Lithops should be left totally dry throughout the winter and spring season. During this period the plant will generate a new body (or pair of bodies). The new body will consume the moisture and nutrients of the previous body as it completes its growth. Throughout the winter and spring keep the plants cool but avoid freezing. Watering can commence once the remains of the old plant body are shriveled and drying, usually late spring or early summer.The remains of the old bodies and any flower stems can be carefully removed when they have become thoroughly dry. When watering soak the soil fully but do not let the pot sit in excess water. Wait until completely dry to water again. When well watered, the lithops will feel plump and firm. When they need water they will feel softer and even wrinkled.
Environment: Desert conditions. Bring indoors when temperatures start to dip below 50 degrees at night, or grow indoors year round.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic for cats and dogs or zombies
- If lithops do not receive enough direct sunlight they will begin to grow slender and elongated, leaning towards the light. They may also lose coloration on the sides of the plants and turn greenish.
- The majority of lithops produce their flowers during autumn and early winter. They are daisy-like and yellow or white depending on variety.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.