Agave 'Man of Steel' 10"
Agave 'Man of Steel' has characteristic stiff, silvery blue leaves arranged symmetrically in a rosette pattern. Agave are durable, drought resistant plants that provide stunning contrast in the garden as a seasonal feature or indoors as a houseplant. After several years of growth, a plant can send up a bloom stalk of branching, yellow inflorescences. This plant makes a statement on its own or used in groupings.
- Light - direct sunlight indoors, some shade protection outdoors.
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering -water deeply when fully dry
- Propagation - as the plant grows it can produce new rosette offsets or “pups” around its base. Leave the pups to root and cluster or gently pull them off and transplant them elsewhere.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Agave “Century Plant”
Light: Agave excel with as much direct sun as possible, preferably in an unobstructed south- or west-facing window. They do best with this light intensity, though some “soft” leaved types can also do suitably well in softer sun, such as morning sun in an eastern exposure.
Water: Agave thrives on thorough watering separated by drought - so be sure to allow the soil to dry fully in-between watering. Watering will be less frequent in the winter months. It’s important to use a soil mix that is fast-draining mixed specifically for succulents.
Environment: If you have space for it, agave will thrive outside during the summer months. If you give them this seasonal location, be sure to introduce them slowly to avoid sunburn and clean thoroughly before returning indoors. Otherwise, Agave will enjoy a sunny window position and as arid plants, will not require any surplus humidity in the home.
Toxicity level: Dangerous. Ingestion or skin contact with sap is toxic to humans and pets.
- Sometimes called “century plant,” because many species of agave take years to produce a single flower.
- Agave, like most succulent plants, have a waxy, powdery-like coating on the leaves. This is for heat & light deflection, be careful to not rub it off.
Some agaves are very spiky and sharp. Be careful!
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.