Mimosa pudica "Sensitive Plant" 6"
Mimosa pudica is a creeping annual or perennial flowering plant of the pea/legume family Fabaceae. Noted for the unique way in which the compound leaves fold inward and droop when touched or shaken, defending themselves from harm, and re-open a few minutes later. They have delicate, fern-like leaves and light purple flowers that resemble small pom-poms. Young plants grow upwards, but over time develop more of a creeping habit. They have a very fast growth rate.
- Light - Bright light to some direct sun
- Watering -Water when the surface of the soil feels dry
- Soil - well draining, loamy
- Toxic to humans and pets
- Prune a sensitive plant regularly to keep it full, bushy, and prevent it from becoming leggy.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.