Monolena sp. 6”
Monolena is a genus of flowering plants in the family Melastomataceae. These epiphytic plants grow attached to the branches of trees where they form a caudex that serves as a habitation for ants. These plants form a symbiotic relationship with ants where they provide shelter and in turn the ants bring in food and deposit waste that fertilizes the plant. This species has amazing lancolate leaves that emerge bright red and slowly turn dark green as they mature.
*Ant plants do not attract ants they've simply evolved to produce these structures that house ants in their natural habitats.
- Light -Bright indirect light
- Watering -Keep soil evenly moist. If allowed to go too dry, it may begin to go dormant and drop leaves
- Prefers high humidity
- Soil - well draining all purpose mix or aroid mix
- If allowed to go too dry, plant may go dormant
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.