Monstera deliciosa 'Variegata' 6"
Monstera Deliciosa is a genus of 45 species of flowering plants in the arum family, Araceae. The variegated Monstera has large glossy green leaves with splashes or sections of white. Fenestrations are present in mature plants. Young leaves develop this characteristic over time. This plant can get quite large and sturdy support is necessary to prevent the stems from breaking. Can be pruned to maintain size.
- Light - very bright light/partial shade
- Watering - water well and allow to dry down 2-3." Filtered or distilled water is recommended.
- Soil - well drained all purpose mix
- Pruning - Prune to manage growth
- Propagation - by cuttings.
- Toxicity - toxic to pets
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Monstera deliciosa, M. adansonii & other Monstera
(similar care is advisable for Rhaphidophora)
Light: Ample bright, or filtered light is preferred. A north- or east-facing window is ideal. Hot, direct sun, such as in a south or west window, can scorch and dry the leaves.
Water: Water thoroughly once the top 25% of soil has dried. Yellowing leaves are usually a sign of overwatering. When kept too dry, the leaves become droopy and slightly curled.
Environment: Native to the American tropics, these plants need warm interior temperatures of at least 65 degrees. Average to high humidity levels are ideal. It is considered somewhat invasive in climates with appropriate temperatures for outdoor growth.
Toxicity: Reported to be potentially toxic
- Monstera plants can grow to heights of 66 ft in trees by climbing with aerial roots. Aerial roots will also hook into the soil for additional support. While you can trim the brown aerial roots, it is not required.
- Monstera have a vining habit. Long stems can be staked for support. Provide a support totem to encourage climbing.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.