Musa acuminata 'Tropicana' 10"
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry down 5 - 10%
- Soil - potting mix
- Humidity - preferably 50% or higher
- Fertilization - every two weeks during growing season
- Toxicity - not toxic to pets
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Musa - “Banana” / Ensete - “False Banana”
Light: Potted banana plants need full sun, with six to eight hours of direct sunlight each day ideally. Place in a south facing window to give it as much light as you can, placing outdoors during the summer is ideal.
Water: Musa need lots of water to keep their large leaves well hydrated. Keep the soil in the container constantly moist, and do not let it dry out more than a few inches below the surface. Despite loving moisture, do not let the plant sit in standing water in the pot's saucer, as that can cause the roots to rot.
Environment: Musa should be planted in a rich, well-draining soil. You can also add a layer of organic mulch over the top of the soil to help it retain moisture and provide additional nutrients for the plant. Winds, cold temperatures and frost can all damage your banana so be sure to never keep it near a drafty window or doorway.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic
- During the summer growing season, you may feed the banana weekly with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer according to the directions on the package.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.