Nematanthus gregarious "Goldfish Plant" 4"
Nematanthus species are all endemic to Brazil and showcase small hard leaves. The real show begins when their pouch-shaped flowers are shown which resemble bright, cheerful goldfish.
- Light - part sun
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering - slight dry between waterings
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the flower color and bloom state.
Nematanthus - “Goldfish”
Light: Nematanthus prefer very bright or filtered light. An east-facing window would be ideal with cool morning sun.
Water: During the summer, water generously and keep the soil continuously moist but never soggy. In the winter, cut back on the water and allow the top inch of soil to dry before watering. Though they are quite drought tolerant, try to avoid allowing the soil to go completely dry as this can lead to rapid leaf loss. Overwatering can cause leaves to blacken and fall off.
Environment: Though Nematanthus do prefer good humidity, they will tolerate drier air if well-watered. Keep away from AC/heat vents as well as drafty areas during freezing winter temperatures. Fertilize with an all-purpose water soluble fertilizer every 2–4 weeks during grow season, spring through fall.
Toxicity: Slight toxicity
- Avoid splashing the leaves while watering; instead, aim toward the soil directly.
- Prune dead flowers regularly.
- Adding a blooming fertilizer at the onset of flower buds can promote higher flower quantities.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.