Norfolk Pine in Mint Stoneware 4"
The perfect gift for when you want to gift a little natural holiday cabin vibe = a potted Norfolk Pine in a 6" stoneware pot. The ceramic pot also has a built in drain hole and saucer for easy care.
Araucaria heterophylla is commonly called a "Norfolk Island Pine" referencing its natural home on a Pacific island. This tropical conifer has a classic look with soft needles and flowing branches that giving a little houseplant nostalgia to a bright or somewhat sunny room.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry down 10%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Araucaria heterophylla - “Norfolk Pine”
Araucaria are tropical conifers and will offer a statuesque Light: Norfolk pine trees prefer several hours of direct, bright light, such as the type of light that can be found in a south-facing window, but they will also tolerate full indirect, bright light as well.
Water: Watering is similar to a palm, as they are also from sandy island soil. The top ¼ of soil should feel dry before watering, then water well. Do not leave bottom of pot in standing water.
Environment: Keep away from drafts hot or cold. They enjoy going outside for the summer if possible but be sure to bring back in well before the first frost. Misting often is helpful to add humidity, especially in the winter or when air is dry.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic, though not edible.
- Check occasionally for spider mites as they can be fatal to your tree if left unchecked. Treat promptly and regularly with insecticidal soap if they do occur.
- They typically come from the grower in a bright green shade but have a darker green color when adapted to indirect light.
- Commonly called “Norfolk pine” as they are native to Norfolk Island off the coast of Australia.
Browning on the lower branches is common and can indicate that the plant is over watered, under watered or needs more humidity. Prune off brown branches if they occur.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.