Olea europaea "Olive Tree" 8"
- Light - full sun
- Watering - dry to 25%
- Soil - potting mix
Olive trees have a temperament less-inclined to live as a houseplant, but spending the summer outdoors, if possible, will help keep them at their most robust for years to come. Avoid any cold temperatures, but a cool winter is ideal. Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Light: Olive trees prefer a few hours of direct sun or filtered direct sunlight. Make sure to rotate the plant periodically to obtain an even growth and to allow all sides of the plant to get as much sun as possible. They do not thrive in low-light conditions.
Water: Water only when the top portion of soil feels dry (about ¼ of the way down is a good guideline). Check once a week, though it may not need water every week, even in its sunny, sunny location. When it is time to add water, add just enough to evenly moisten the soil without the soil becoming soggy or water-logged. Do not water if the top two to three inches of soil are still moist from the previous watering.
Environment: Olive trees thrive in a space where they are exposed to bright light and fresh air. They would do best if taken outside during the summer months and kept in a partially shaded area.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic to pets
- While olive trees require adequate air flow, don't place near a drafty window or close to AC or heat sources.
Plant olive trees in a well draining potting mix, such as a cactus/succulent mix.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. *Perhaps not advisable for Olive.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.