Operculicarya decaryi 6"
Operculicarya decaryi, commonly known as the "Elephant Tree", is not only a tongue twister but it is also a really cool thick stemmed succulent plant. Drought tolerant, woody stems and small green round leaves makes the Elephant Tree a wonderful Bonsai specimen.
- Light - full to part sun
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering - dry down 20%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Includes Adenium, Bowiea and similar
Light: Succulent caudiciforms typically enjoy the sunniest of positions in the home. They prefer some direct sunlight. You can allow some modification while they’re dormant.
Water: Caudiciforms typically grow during part of the year and are dormant through the rest. Get to know your plant, as some will snooze through the summer season while some will rest during the cooler months. Use a very well draining soil mixture and lightly water your plant if needed at all while dormant - do not saturate the potting medium during this period of rest. Typically while actively growing you will water thoroughly after allowing the soil to dry well.
Environment: Each plant type can have certain nuances, so get to know your plant for specific environmental concerns.
Toxicity: This will vary by plant type but not edible
- A Caudex is a swollen trunk or base that stores water and energy for the plant.
- Caudiciforms can be trees, shrubs, vines and many habits in-between.
More tropical caudiciforms will require less intense sun and more consistent water, typically.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.