Pellionia repens "Watermelon Vine" 6"
Pellionia repens, commonly called "Watermelon Vine" or "Trailing Watermelon Begonia", is a groundcover that can typically reach 4"h x 2'w at maturity. Fleshy green / pink stems with long ovate wavy like leaves that are grey green in coloration with a darker green margin and areas of silver and also burgundy within.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Propagation - stem cuttings
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Pellionia repens “Watermelon Vine”
Light: Pellionia prefers a space with bright indirect light. Excessive direct sun is not advisable as it is too intense and will lead to scorching. You can equate this to a scenario where you may read comfortably by natural daylight.
Water: Pellionia are moisture and humidity lovers. Water well and allow the soil to dry slightly in-between watering. Excessive drought will result in leaf-loss.
Environment: Average home conditions are typically fine, but avoid excessively dry air.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic to pets
- While they don’t flower profusely, Pellionia will flower from time to time and when flowers are present you can watch for little clouds of pollen which they will poof out of their little flower clusters.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.