Peperomia fraseri 6"
Peperomia, commonly referred to as the "Radiator Plant," is a large genus in the Piperaceae family. The fraseri is known as the "Ivy Leaf Peperomia" because of its heart-shaped leaves. Shooting burgundy-tinged stocks make for an interesting sculptural form.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Soil - generally potting mix
- Watering - generally dry to the touch
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape, and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Peperomia - “Radiator Plant”
Light: Peperomias prefer bright indirect light. They can handle a few hours of direct sun, but too much direct light will burn their leaves.
Water: Water thoroughly, but when the top two inches of soil go dry between waterings. Think of peperomia as semi-succulents, as some of their water is stored in their thick leaves. Do not allow plants to sit in water.
Environment: Peperomia plants are originally from the rainforests of Central and South America (with a few species from Africa) and prefer a warm, humid environment. Temperatures below 50°F or cold drafts may damage the plant’s leaves.
Toxicity: Peperomia are reported to be non-toxic
- Peperomias come in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes allowing for great variety and are generally considered easy houseplants as long as they are not overwatered.
- Peperomia grow relatively slowly but are easy to propagate through cuttings.
- Most species are epiphytes in the wild, growing on other organisms.
Peperomia do not require much in the way of fertilizer and can usually subsist on the nutrients in the soil.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.