Philodendron cordatum 4.5"
Philodendron cordatum is an easy to care for epiphytic vining plant. Dark green heart shaped leaves that trail effortlessly. We can see why it is so loved.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry down 5%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Philodendron, Thaumatophyllum, & Rhaphidophora
Light: Philodendrons grow best in bright indirect light. They can handle a few hours of direct sun, but do not place them in full sun (i.e., a south-facing window). If you have a variegated plant or one with lighter colored leaves, they may need brighter light than those species with dark green leaves.
Water: Water well, but allow the top two inches of soil to go dry between waterings. Philodendrons make great houseplants because they aren’t too fussy about their watering schedule and can tolerate different lighting conditions. Watering may change depending on the intensity of light exposure. Check weekly, only water when needed.
Environment: Philodendrons are very easy houseplants to grow. Native to jungle floors, they tend to sprawl and love slightly warmer temperatures. Avoid drafty windows in the winter if possible. While they enjoy humidity and may enjoy misting, it’s not necessary. They do not need much fertilizer, so be careful not to go overboard and burn the plant if you choose to feed them during summer. Some philodendrons are climbers and some are vining. For climbing philodendron varieties, you may find a totem or support to be helpful.
Toxicity: Philodendron are reported to be toxic
- Allow your plant to grow fairly root bound before repotting and do not move dramatically up in pot size. A couple inches is usually enough.
- The leaves will accumulate dust, clogging the pores of the plant and blocking sunlight. Be sure to dust them occasionally for better growth and aesthetics.
- Some species prefer to be trained onto a post.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.