Thaumatophyllum 'Hope' 8"
Thaumatophyllum 'Hope' was previously known as Philodendron bipinnatifidum 'Hope'. Commonly called 'Hope Selloum' is a self heading Philodendron and full of ruffled green leathery leaves. Deeply divided and wavy edged the leaves attract a lot of attention. But the plant itself doesn't need a lot of it.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry down 10%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Thaumatophyllum is a genus of flowering plant in the arum family. Thick and green for your indoor tropical forest and easy to care for.
Light: Most varieties prefer part-sun to part-shade
Water: Most varieties prefer letting dry down by 10% of its soil volume **
Environment: Regular potting mix for most species **
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic
- Thaumatophyllym ‘Hope’: Previously known as Philodendron bipinnatifidum 'Hope.’ A self-heading Philodendron and full of ruffled green leathery leaves. Deeply divided and wave-edged leaves attract a lot of attention.
- Thaumatophyllum ‘Little Hope’: Previously known as Philodendron bipinnatifidum 'Little Hope.’ 'Little Hope' is a dwarf version of the self heading 'Hope" and full of ruffled green leathery leaves. Deeply divided and wave-edged leaves attract a lot of attention.
- Thaumatophyllum 'Shangri La': Previously known as Philodendron 'Shangri La.’ It is compact and a split leaf in form. It has leathery green heart-shaped leaves with a wavy edge.
- Thaumatophyllum ‘Lickety Split’: Previously known as Philodendron 'Lickity Split.’ Dark green leathery leaves with pronounced wavy and jagged edges make for a super jungle effect.
- Thaumatophyllum ‘Super Atom’: Previously known as Philodendron bipinnatifidum 'Super Atom.’ A dwarf cultivar with bright green, leathery rippled leaves.
- Thaumatophyllum ‘Xanadu’: Previously known as Philodendron 'Xanadu' and ‘Winterbourn.’ Growing up to 4' tall at maturity, it has long, narrow, leathery green serrated leaves.
- Thaumatophyllum tweedieanium: Previously known as Philodendron dubium and/or synonym Philodendron tweedieanum, grows prostrate as a creeper. Attractive heart-shaped green leaves with pronounced veining.
- Thaumatophyllum stenolobum: Previously referred to as Philodendron stenolobum. A fantastic self-heading plant. Leaves are long and arrow-shaped.
- **can use either potting mix, epiphytic potting mix or a combination of both
- Thaumatophyllum goeldii: Also known as Thaumatophyllum spruceanum. Branches of leaves resembling a Schefflera. Nicknamed the "Finger Leaf" plant due to the long finger-like foliage.
- ** let dry down 10–20%
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, help avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.