Phlebosia 'Nicolas Diamond' 6"
Phlebosia 'Nicolas Diamond' is a cross between Pyrrosia lingua 'Cristata' and Phlebodium aureum 'Mandaianum'. Wide green fronds that sport a crest at the tips along with waves along the margins. Colonizes by creeping rhizomes.
- Light - part shade to shade
- Watering - even moisture
- Size - approx. 20"h at maturity
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Light: Phlebosia like bright but indirect sunlight, such as that found near a window with eastern or northern exposure. Too much direct light will burn the plant quickly. If fronds die due to burning or underwatering, prune them at the base and they may be replaced by new growth.
Water: Water the plants lightly but often to keep the surface of the soil lightly moist. Daily misting helps keep the surface rhizomes from drying out.
Environment: They do best in temperatures between 65 and 75 F. Regular potting mix can be used along with a potential addition of peat. The soil should feel lightly damp at all times, but never soggy or water-logged.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic
- Phlebosia 'Nicolas Diamond': Phlebosia 'Nicolas Diamond' is a cross between Pyrrosia lingua 'Cristata' and Phlebodium aureum 'Mandaianum.’ Wide green fronds that sport a crest at the tips along with waves along the margins. Colonizes by creeping rhizomes.
- It’s normal for the fuzzy rhizomes to reach over the edge of the pot. Will reach approximately 20” at maturity.
- You can propagate this fern easily by trimming a piece of the rhizome with leaves and planting in a new pot.
- When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, help avoid overwatering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.