Pilea cadierei 'Pan Am' 4"
Pilea cadierei 'Pan Am', is a fun "Aluminum Plant". Upright stems with obovate dark green leaves with silver markings. It shows off a slight burgundy copper coloration especially on the underside of the leaves.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Light: Pilea likes bright indirect light. Direct sun can burn the leaves, while a lack of light will stunt growth and produce a leggy effect. This plant will grow in the direction of the light, so rotate your plant periodically to encourage even growth.
Water: Keep the pilea’s soil lightly moist but never soggy. Allow the surface of the soil to dry before watering again and make sure your plant has good drainage to avoid root rot. If the soil stays too wet, the stems will quickly rot. *Pilea peperomioides can go slightly drier than other varieties.
Environment: The pilea family is very large, with the aluminum plant and baby’s tears being some of the most common. That said, you may find a large variety in the pilea family, each with slight particularities. In general, pilea prefer 60-75 degree F temperatures and high humidity, with good air circulation to encourage them to grow well. Feed every two weeks in the spring and summer when they are actively growing.
Toxicity: Pilea plants are reported to be non-toxic
- Root rot due to overwatering is one of the main problems that affect pilea.
- Regularly trim the plant with sharp scissors to maintain its shape and fullness.
- Propagating pilea is fairly simple and a good option for when the plant is too leggy to look appealing. Simply cut off a piece, stick it in water or moist soil (with rooting hormone if available), and wait.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.