Pilea peperomiodes 10"
Pilea peperomiodes, commonly referred to as the "Chinese Money Plant" or "Missionary Plant", is native to southern China. It is an erect plant that sports shiny green round leaves. The petioles attach near the center of the leaves. Just makes us happy.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Light: Pilea peperomioides do well in bright, filtered light, though some direct sun is beneficial to maintain an upright shape. An east- or west-facing windowsill would be ideal.
Water: Peperomioides prefer to dry out a bit between waterings. Water the soil thoroughly once the top quarter of the soil feels dry. This will likely be around every 10–14 days depending on the size of the plant and the amount of light it receives. Do not leave the plant sitting in a saucer of water for an extended period of time, as this can lead to root rot.
Environment: In general, pilea prefer temperatures between 60-75 degrees and high humidity with optimal air circulation. Apply a water-soluble fertilizer about 1-2 times a month in the spring and summer when they are actively growing. It is recommended to rotate the plant regularly for even growth and a straight stem.
Toxicity: Pilea peperomioides are reported to be non-toxic
- Root rot due to overwatering is the most common cause of death in P. peperomioides.
- Another common nickname is “friendship plant” because they are very easy to propagate and share with friends. Propagate by separating a “pup” from the mother at the soil level, then plant into a new container with potting soil. A rooting hormone can increase the likelihood that the cutting will root successfully.
- A mature plant may need a stake to keep upright as it grows taller.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.