Pithecellobium tortum "Brazillian Rain Tree" 4"
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Pithecellobium tortum - “Rain Tree”
Pithecellobium are delicate in appearance with fine leaves that close and open throughout the day. These fast growing trees are a unique option to grow in the home.
Light: Grow with several hours of direct sun exposure and ambient bright light the rest of the day..
Water: Water thoroughly. Established plants will have some drought tolerance, but this should not be left dry for too long as leaves may quickly crisp. They can regrow / rebound readily, but a generally even level of moisture in the soil will keep these trees looking fresh.
Environment: A humid cushion is great for these plants. As they’re watered often, rinse the whole plant in doing so. This shower will help provide the ambient moisture they rely on.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic if ingested.
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.