Poinsettia are a classic for the winter holidays, adding a splash of color and brightness for the darker months of the year. Enjoy these beauties while they hand out around the house in a bright windowsill, just keep them away from drying heat or cold drafts.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry to the touch
- Soil - potting soil
- Avoid getting water on the leaves
Flower color can vary. If you do have a preference we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size, flower color and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Light: Poinsettia plants need very bright, indirect, or filtered natural light. If you place your poinsettia close to a window, be sure that none of the foliage touches the glass as the cold may damage them.
Water: Always allow the top 25% of the soil to dry out before watering to prevent root rot. Overwatering causes the green leaves to fall off, leaving bare stems topped by a few colorful bracts. Severe underwatering will cause the plant to droop, resulting in both green and colored bracts dropping off.
Environment: Poinsettias require a consistent temperature range between 65 and 70F degrees during the day and around 60F degrees at night. Temperatures that are too hot or too cold damage the leaves and may cause them to drop. Keep them away from drafts, fireplaces, heaters, and other drafty or heat-causing locations. Take care to wrap a poinsettia well when transporting outdoors in the winter, and limit their exposure outdoors in winter.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs.
- Fertilize a poinsettia plant monthly in the spring and summer after the plant has finished blooming. Many people choose to toss their plant after the colorful blooms die off, but you can keep them for their foliage year-round.
- Use a quick-draining, acidic potting soil with a container that has a drainage hole to avoid root rot.
- The milky sap can be irritating if it comes in contact with your skin. Wash with soap and water well.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.