Polyalthia longifolia "False Ashoka" 10"
Polyalthia longifolia, commonly known as "False Ashoka", is also named Monoon longifolium. Lance shaped leaves, with a slight wave on the margin, emerge with a slight copper tint them moves to green. Delicate green star shaped flowers as well. Slightly Willy Wonka.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry to the touch
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Polyalthia - “False Ashoka” or “Mast Tree”
Polyalthia or “False Ashoka” grow in warm humid climates with plenty of sun. These trees grow tall and slender, and are often used as landscape screens or windbreaks..
Light: Full sun to dappled sun is the best exposure to meet the demands of these plants..
Water: While Polyalthia have some drought tolerance, their foliage will look its best and freshest with fairly even watering. You can let the soil feel dry just a bit below the surface. Always avoid any excess or standing water.
Environment: A humid cushion is great for these plants - avoid any standing water on the leaves.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic if ingested.
Of Note:Older leaves may look less fresh than new growth after a year or two. Defoliating and allowing new growth to restore the look can keep your tree looking fresh over the years.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.