Polyscias scutellaria 'Fabian' 4"
Polyscias scutellaria 'Fabian' is a plant that packs a great foliage punch. Can be pruned in to an upright tree form with a lot of character. Rounded green leaves with a darker underside. Loves some humidity and make sure to keep in area that does not get too cool, the warmer the better. Slow grower.
- Light - part shade to part sun
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry down 5 - 10%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state
Light: Aralias can be sensitive to direct light. Place them in an area where light is bright but indirect or filtered. Too much direct sun can burn the leaves.
Water: Water as soil goes dry to the touch, approximately once every 7-10 days. The most common reason aralias die is overwatering. You should allow the container to dry out almost 50% of the way before watering it. The bottom of the pot should never be flooded with water.
Environment: Like most tropical houseplants, aralias prefer humid environments. Mist often or keep a humidifier in the room, especially in the winter. They will drop leaves if it is too dry. Keep away from hot or cold drafts.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to humans and pets
- Signs of overwatering include yellow, drooping, and dropping leaves.
Check occasionally for signs of spider mites and treat promptly with an insecticidal soap or neem oil.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.