Rhapis excelsa 'Variegata' 14"
Rhapis excelsa, commonly known as the "Broadleaf Lady Palm", has glossy broad leaves divided into segments. The end of the leaf segments are toothed and the base has a wonderful fibrous texture that opens up in to a bamboo like appearance. The 'Variegata'' has a striations of green to yellow cream running through the leaf segments.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry down 5 - 10%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Rhapis excelsa “Lady Palm”
Light: Rhapis palm should be placed indoors near a window where it will receive bright, but indirect sunlight. An East facing or Northern exposure is ideal. They may also be placed slightly distant from a west / south exposure.
Water: Rhapis palms like even moisture so water when the top 1-2” of soil feels dry. Never let your plant sit in water for long periods of time. These plants will tolerate drier soils the longer they are established. In the fall and winter, reduce watering slightly.
Environment: Rhapis palm thrives in typical household environments. Protect your plant from drafts and forced heat or air. Mist the leaves or use a humidifier to elevate humidity in winter.
Toxicity: Rhapis palm is reported to be not toxic to animals
Of Note*: Rhapis palm grows very slowly. They prefer being snug in their pots, so increase size gradually. Watch out for scale and spider mites, which can affect many houseplants. Signs of an infestation include a sticky substance or webbing on the leaves, or a stippled or grainy appearance. Treat with an insecticidal soap if any pests are present.
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.