Rhipsalis ewaldiana 6"
Rhipsalis ewaldiana, commonly known as "Mistletoe Cactus", is a cute cascading epiphytic thornless cactus. Stems are three sided and new growth has a yellow orange coloration which then matures to a green. White blooms normally appear in spring and fall if in the right conditions.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry down 5%
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size, flower color and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Light: Rhipsalis require very bright but mostly indirect light. Placement near an East or West facing window is ideal.
Water: Water the soil thoroughly once it becomes about halfway dry. Do not allow roots to sit in standing water.
Environment: Although they are succulent-like, Rhipsalis plants prefer considerably more humidity than the typical desert succulent. Added supplemental humidity through the winter months is beneficial. Use a succulent or other similar well draining soil mix. Temperatures should be kept above 50 degrees fahrenheit.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs.
- As epiphytic plants, the roots are fairly shallow and serve mostly to simply anchor the plant.
Keep an eye out for common pests like mealy, scale, and spider mites. If the infestation is small, it can be taken care of simply with a wet cloth.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.