Sansevieria 'Black Jaguar' 8"
The Sansevieria is a beloved plant for so many reasons, the top being that it is so easy to care for. It is known by a host of many common names which include "Mother In Law Tongue", "Snake Plant", "Devils Tongue" just to name few. They were recently moved to the genus Dracaena due to further research in to their genetics.
'Black Jaguar' is a less common variety with tall, stiff, dramatically dark leaves.
- Light - part sun to shade
- Watering - let dry
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Sansevieria - “Snake Plant” or “Mother in law’s tongue”
Light: Sansevieria prefers bright, filtered light, but they do tolerate lower light conditions as long as the watering is adjusted and soil is kept on the dryer side.
Water: Snake plants prefer to be left alone for the most part. Water well, but allow soil to dry between waterings. Take extra special care not to overwater in winter. In winter, these plants will use less water, so waterings can be spaced further apart. Frequency can be as little as once per month in low light/winter, but water more when in brighter light/during the growing season.
Environment: Keep plants in temperatures between 40º and 85ºF (4.4 to 29.4 C). Tolerant of low humidity so no misting required.
Toxicity: Reported to be potentially dangerous to cats and dogs. Chewing or ingestion can result in vomiting and diarrhea.
- Caring for a snake plant is very simple. It is succulent so it does not require much water or humidity.
- Transplant when growth reaches all sides of the pot.
Many species and hybrids will prefer some portion of direct sun. Watering remains similar.
Examples would be masoniana (“whale fin”), ‘Sayuri,’ ‘Coppertone,’ ‘Bantel’s Sensation’ among others.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.