Schefflera arboricola standard 10"
Schefflera arboricola is a dwarf umbrella tree that can make an impressive statement. Its leaves are thick green and palmately compound, forming what appears to be small open hands with spread fingers. The trunk will turn woody over time. Easy to care for and makes for a lush display. It has been trained in to a standard tree form.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry down 5%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Light: Schefflera prefers bright to moderate indirect light. If the plant is not receiving enough light, the schefflera will become leggy, stretching towards the light, and may turn yellow. The more bright light it receives, the more leaves it will develop.
Water: Water well, but allow the top few inches of the soil to dry out between waterings, but do not allow it to stay dry for too long. Once it has dried down, give it a good thorough watering. Do not allow your plant to sit in water. Yellow/drooping leaves may indicate over watering.
Environment: Schefflera houseplants prefer temperatures 65–80 degrees F. They do not do well in temperatures below 55 degrees F, so keep away from cold drafts and heaters. Humidity is desirable; if the air is very dry, place your plant on a tray of pebbles and water to increase the humidity or consider getting a humidifier.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs.
- Fertilize a schefflera monthly in the spring and summer when it is actively growing with a basic houseplant food diluted to half the recommended strength. During the fall and winter, feed schefflera plants every other month, but only if the plant is producing new leaves.
If your plant loses its bottom leaves or becomes leggy, don't be afraid to prune the plant. When cutting back the thick stems or trunks of a schefflera, make the cut just above a plant node. New growth should develop from the node.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid overwatering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.