Schismatoglottis hendrikii 4"
Some plants seem too beautiful to be real: Thank you, nature! Schismatoglottis is a genus of flowering plants in the family Araceae typically found in tropical Southeast Asia with many species found on the island of Borneo. A slow grower, ensure well-draining soil and a boost of humidity to keep them at their best.
- Light - part shade
- Watering - allow a slight dryness to the top 10-20% of soil
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will bloom state.
Schismatoglottis is a genus of flowering plants in the family Araceae typically found in tropical Southeast Asia with many species found on the island of Borneo.
Light: Schismatoglottis species typically prefer bright indirect light. It can tolerate medium light, but growth may slow significantly. If kept in direct sunlight, the foliage may burn.
Water: Allow the first 10-20% of the soil’s depth to dry out between waterings. Avoid letting the plant sit in water to prevent root rot.
Environment: Schismatoglottis are known to thrive in very humid conditions, though they can tolerate average room humidity. Keep it an area with temperatures between 65-85 degrees.
Toxicity: Schismatoglottis is potentially toxic to pets.
Of Note: If you notice the leaves getting droopy and browning at the tips, that could be caused by underwatering. Give your plant a thorough watering, letting the water run through the drainage holes. Yellowing leaves would indicate overwatering, and you should allow the soil to dry out more thoroughly between waterings.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.