Scindapsus pictus totem 10"
Scindapsus pictus, otherwise known as the "Satin Pothos" and "Silver Vine", is a great beginner trailing plant. Matte green heart shaped leaves with a silver blotches that cascade and climb gracefully, The silver blotches give the leaves what appears to be a sheen, thus the common name. Makes for a great hanging plant that does not need that much care. It has been trained in to a totem style.
- Light - part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry to the touch
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Light: Scindapsus prefers bright, indirect light year round. Harsh direct sunlight can cause scorching around the leaves, while too little light will cause the plant to lose its variegation. An ideal spot for this plant would be in a room with a bright sunny window, without being directly in that windowsill.
Water: Satin pothos should not be overwatered. Water well, but allow the top few inches of the soil to dry between waterings. Reduce watering during the winter, allowing the soil to go dry roughly halfway. Yellow leaves can be a sign of overwatering. Proper drainage is required to avoid damaging leaves and roots. This plant can occasionally tolerate missed waterings but will not be as forgiving of soggy soil.
Environment: Warm and humid climates are ideal for the Scindapsus. During the winter months, use a humidifier or humidity tray to combat dry air. Check the leaves for color changes, this will indicate if the plant is experiencing any stressors. Keep the room temperature between 65-85°F and avoid exposing this plant to temperatures below 55. Keep your satin pothos away from drafts and active heat sources during the winter.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to dogs and cats
- To propagate, use pruning shears to cut 4-inch tip trimmings and insert directly into water or moist peat-based potting mix.
- While similar looking to a pothos, Epipremnum, the Scindapsus is a different genus in the Araceae family.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.