Senecio rowleyanus 8"
Senecio rowleyanus, commonly referred to as "String of Pearls", is also known as Curio rowleyanus. Its leaves are round and plump thus the common name. They will form a dense mat on the ground if left to their own devices. Great for a hanging basket or terrarium.
- Light - full sun
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering - dry between watering
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Light: Most succulents prefer a sunny location with 4-6 hours of direct sun per day. A western or southern window is ideal. Without enough direct sun, they will grow leggy, floppy, and will fade in color. Vibrant colors only present in good sun exposure. Some options can do very well in less intense sun such as Crassula (Jade), Haworthia and Aloe species.
Water: Most succulents prefer to dry out almost completely between watering. Once dry, water thoroughly. If the soil becomes excessively dry, the water may run over without absorbing. In this case, a more thorough soak in a bowl of water may be necessary (for smaller plants). Succulents typically require less water in the winter. Under-watered succulents will shrivel and grow limp. Over-watered plants will have leaves that typically turn yellow first, then blacken and rot. When in doubt: Always err on the side of too dry versus too wet as it is going to be much easier to remedy.
Environment: Choose a succulent or cactus specific soil mix for adequate drainage. Do not mist or allow your succulent’s leaves to get wet, as they do not like high humidity/moist conditions. Avoid temperatures lower than 50 degrees.
Toxicity: Many succulents are non-toxic, but certain varieties such as Euphorbia are, so always check the toxicity of individual plants if that is a concern.
- Succulents are generally found in areas with high temperatures and low rainfall, such as deserts.
- A basic definition of a succulent is a plant that is drought resistant, in which the leaves, stem, or roots have become fleshy by developing watering-storing tissue.
- Succulents can be easily propagated from cuttings or even from a single leaf
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.