Spathiphyllum 'Picasso' 8"
Spathiphyllum, or "Peace Lily". is a monocotyledonous flowering plant. 'Picasso' has stunning white and green pronounced variegated leaves that produce a flower in a spadix surrounded by white to light green spathe. An easy plant to take care of as it can handle lower light situations and is slightly verbal as it will start to bow down if it is thirsty.
- Light - part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Light: Direct sun may scorch the leaves, but do provide plenty of bright natural light. Place in a north window or set back from a sunny window.
Water: Peace lilies like to be watered thoroughly, but also need a chance to dry out slightly afterward. The leaves will droop a bit when thirsty, telling you when a drink is needed. Plan to water a little before the leaves typically begin to wilt. Repeatedly letting your plant wilt can cause browning on the leaves due to stress and may interrupt its recovery when watered. Under-watering will cause the leaf tips or whole leaves to turn brown. Over-watering will cause lower leaves to yellow.
Environment: Peace lilies like a consistent temperature between about 65 and 80 degrees F. Protect your plant from cold drafts, heat vents, or drastic changes in temperature.
Toxicity: Reportedly mildly toxic to animals and humans if ingested
- Although they wilt dramatically if allowed to go completely dry, they usually bounce back after a thorough watering. Keep in mind, repeatedly allowing the plant to dry to the point of wilting will weaken it over time.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.