Stephanotis floribunda 5"
Stephanotis floribunda, also called Stephanotis jasminoides, is commonly referred to as "Madagascar Jasmine" as that is where it is native to. It is a winding vine that cane become woody as it matures. Leathery green ovate leaves sprinkle the stems and the big show is when the white trumpet shaped heavily scented flowers arrive.
- Light - part sun
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry to the touch
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Stephanotis are grown for their strongly perfumed, waxy, tubular, usually white flowers. Leaves are opposite, ovate to elliptic, and leathery. Despite their common name, Stephanotis are not actually members of the jasmine family. Vines will grow and twist to climb.
Light: Stephanotis prefer very bright, indirect or diffused natural light. Protect this plant from the hot summer sun.
Water: Keep Stephanotis moist but not soggy. Water as the surface to an inch below the surface dries. Never let this plant go completely dry. Fertilize during the growing season (spring–summer) with a diluted water soluble all purpose fertilizer. Reduce watering and cease fertilizing in the winter. This plant can be pruned lightly in the winter about halfway if needed.
Environment: Stephanotis do not like temperatures below 50 degrees so be sure to keep your plant in a room that stays between 60 and 70 degrees year round. Avoid drafts or hot air from a heating or cooling system. Stephanotis prefer higher humidity so keep them near a humidifier or pebble tray to help keep the air moist.
Toxicity: Reported to be non toxic to cats and dogs
- Use a light, well-draining houseplant potting mix, ideally in a pot with drainage.
- Avoid moving your plant while it is in flower to avoid the blooms dropping.
Stephanotis are susceptible to scale and mealybugs. If noticed, use an insecticidal spray to clear the infestation. Doing this routinely as a preventative measure can be helpful.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.