Stromanthe sanguinea 'Triostar' 4"
Stromanthe is a genus of flowering plants with normally colorful lance shaped or long ovate leaves. Whilst it most likely will not bloom indoors the leaves are impressive enough to grab attention. 'Triostar' has a maroon underside to the leaves and a green with cream variegation on the top and stems that have a pink tint depending on sunlight conditions.
- Humidity - high
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch, filtered water
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Light: Place the Stromanthe in medium to bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight as harsh rays may cause leaf burn. A northern or eastern facing window typically works well.
Water: Keep the soil evenly moist but not soggy. Use a well-draining soil and allow only the top 10-15% of soil to go slightly dry before watering thoroughly during the growing season. Reduce watering slightly in the winter months. Over-watering can cause yellowing leaves, and under-watering will cause the leaves to curl inward and eventually brown, beginning at the edges.
Environment: Stromanthe need warm, humid conditions to keep leaves looking healthy. While misting year round can be beneficial, during winter, place your plant on a wet pebble tray or near a humidifier in addition to misting. Low humidity causes the leaves to turn brown and become crispy on the edges. Avoid placing near drafts, radiators, and AC units.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic
- Use a light soil that retains moisture but drains well. A peat-based potting soil is a good choice for a Stromanthe. An all-purpose potting soil will suffice.
- Stromanthe does well in shallow containers. Be sure a Stromanthe has outgrown the existing pot before moving it to a larger one; this helps prevent over-watering and root rot.
- Add an all-purpose, water soluble fertilizer to a Stromanthe every 2–4 weeks while the plant is actively growing, usually from early spring to the end of fall.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.