Syngonium podophyllum "Pink" 8"
Syngonium podophyllum, commonly referred to as "Nephthytis" and "Arrowhead Vine", is a species of aroid. It can be grown as a vine, trailer or ground cover. Known fo their distinct arrow shaped leaves thus their common name. There are numerous cultivars with pink on their leaves ranging from 'Coral', 'Neon Robusta', 'Pink Splash, Pink Allusion, the list goes on.
- Light - part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - consistent, but allow top 20% of soil to dry
Species and leaf color can vary. If you do have a preference in species or coloration we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Nephthytis (Syngonium) - “Arrowhead” or “Goosefoot” Vine
Nephthytis plants have slightly upright and mostly vining growth habits and can be very prolific. These plants can have a wide variety of leaf shapes and colors and are very easy to grow in the average home environment.
Light: Bright, indirect light is typically sufficient for most Nephthytis. Avoid strong sun rays as the leaves can easily burn. Varieties that show more colorful leaves will grow their best look in the brightest possible light though may revert to showing more green coloration if sunlight is insufficient.
Water: Allow the top portion of soil to dry between waterings as these plants do not went to be kept always damp. Typically the top 20% of soil may be allowed to dry.
Environment: Average home conditions are often sufficient, but supplemental humidity is always a great option, especially during the drier winter month. Varieties with heavy variegation may appreciate added humidity to help maintain the condition of the leaves..
Toxicity: Toxic if ingested in volume
- Nephthytis are vining plants, so while the young plants are bushy and full, they will grow leggy and vine with time. If you want to keep a fuller look, make sure to prune regularly.
- Arrowhead plants are very easy to propagate from cuttings or through layering. Generally, arrowheads are considered easy houseplants, which is great for beginners and masters alike!
- The arrowhead plant can be fertilized monthly in the spring and summer with a balanced fertilizer.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.