Tacca chanterii "Bat Plant" 6"
The Tacca chanterii, or "Black Bat Plant" or "Black Bat Flower", has possibly the most wicked cool flowers ever. Large black flowers that look like a bat in mid flight with long 'whiskers'.
- Humidity - high
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Tacca - “Bat Flower”
There are about a dozen species of Tacca, most commonly. T. chantrieri (black / brown flower) and T. integrifolia (white flower).
Light: Tacca are tropical understory plants and should be kept out of direct sunlight. Growing indoors, however, brighter is always better.
Water: With a well-draining soil mix, provide even, damp moisture, but avoid any surplus or standing water.
Environment: Humidity is preferred.
Toxicity: There is some mixed information so it may be best to consider this mildly toxic.
Of Note:To better your chances of producing the fabulous flower for which this plant is nicknamed, its great to let this plant spend the warm season outdoors in a shady location.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.