Tetrastigma voinierianum 10"
Tetrastigma voinierianum, commonly referred to as "Chestnut Vine" is a vigorous vine that can make for a great houseplant. Thick green fuzzy leaves are palmately compound and limbs that seem to go on forever. Wants to grab on to anything around it. Great as a hanging basket or letting climb all over your home or workspace.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Propagation - semit ripe stem cuttings
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - dry down 5 - 10%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will bloom state.
Light: Tetrastigma do well with bright indirect light, though some cool direct sun from an East window is okay.
Water: Even moisture is preferred, but they can tolerate some dryness. Water thoroughly once the top 2–3 inches of the soil feels dry. Root rot can occur if the plant is left sitting in soggy soil for an extended period. Remove unabsorbed water from the saucer about an hour after watering thoroughly. It's best to water generously in the growing season (which is the spring and summer) and less frequently in the fall and winter.
Environment: When you first bring it home, there may be an adjustment period resulting in leaf drop. Choose a spot for it with adequate light, away from heat or AC vents. Once you choose a good spot for it, do not move it around. Tetrastigma prefers humid, warm temperatures being native to tropical climates. Freezing cold drafts from a window in the winter can blacken the foliage. Use a humidifier or humidity tray to increase the humidity levels, especially in winter, to avoid leaf drop.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs.
- Tetrastigma like to climb and will wrap around surfaces with tendrils to help it vine up and outward.
- Tetrastigma is a genus in the grape family Vitaceae.
- The tetrastigma is vulnerable to the common ivy pests: spider mites, aphids, whitefly, scale, and mealybugs. Be sure to check the underside of the leaves and nodes regularly to treat early if found.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.