Trichilia emetica 6"
Trichilia emetica, commonly known as the "Natal Mahogany", is a tree in the Meliaceae family. Dark green and glossy ovate leaves in clusters of 8 -10 per stem. Will develop a thicker crown over time.
- Light - part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Light: Natal mahogany do best in moderate indirect or filtered light. This is a great tree for a North window.
Water: Natal mahogany thrive on water and lots of it. They are very forgiving when you overwater but much less so with underwatering. Aim for thoroughly moist soil and allow just the top inch or two to dry before watering again. You can place a saucer under the plant to hold extra water as it is one of the few plants that tolerates wet feet.
Environment: These plants do well in basic household humidity and can survive temperatures as low as 45 degrees. In temperatures above 80 degrees, check the soil frequently so the plant does not dry out. Prune actively to keep a bushy shape.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic/poisonous.
- A Natal Mahogany is a fast grower and can reach the ceiling within a few years in the right care. Fertilize regularly during the growing season, spring through fall.
- Dust the leaves often so the plant can photosynthesize properly. When dusting, take the opportunity to inspect the underside of leaves and keep an eye out for pests. Rotate your plant periodically to ensure even growth on all sides.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.