Wick "Self-watering" Planter white wide
This modern stoneware planter is made by hand in New York by L'Impatience. It features an exposed clay exterior and a watertight glazed interior. This planter is also self-watering, and uses a set of braided wicks to deliver water to the plant inside. Due to the handmade nature of this item, slight variances may occur in color and shape.
- Planter Dimensions: Approximately " W x " H, " opening width
- Base Tray Dimensions: " W x " H
- Exposed clay exterior, watertight glazed interior
- Self-Watering - braided cotton wick
Here are some things to consider when choosing the best pot for your plants.
Drain hole vs. no drain hole
A drain hole in your pot makes for easier water management as you have control over the amount of water that the plant receives.
We understand, however, that one might aesthetically prefer pots without saucers. For these instances where a cachepot (pot without drainage) is preferred, we recommend either keeping the plant in a grower’s pot for easy removal and water control, or potting in the cachepot by using a faux drainage layer to avoid overwatering. To plant with faux drainage, estimate 25% of the container's overall volume and fill the base with drainage material, such as lava rock, when planting. Please note that you can still overpour with water and not many plants like having wet feet. You will need to monitor your watering carefully to make sure the appropriate amount of water is provided.
Pottery is made from different types of materials and some may not be suitable for outdoor use. If using your pot outside, please make sure there’s ample drainage and that the pot can be used outdoors without fear of cracking due to the expansion and contraction of the soil during winter. If it’s not able to be outside for the winter, you’ll need to plan on storing it inside to avoid damage. Some material, such as terracotta, will naturally breath and change visual appearance or coloration when wet or over time.
Even if you have a saucer or you’re using a cachepot, there’s still a chance that there could be condensation at the bottom of your container. It’s always recommended to use a floor pad underneath to protect the floor from rings.
When to pot up: Choosing the right size
Many times, your plant doesn’t need to be potted up — or at least not right away. If your plant doesn’t need more space right away, it’s OK to stick with a pot the same size or slightly larger than the grower’s pot or previous pot it was in. Do not downsize. If it’s time to re-pot, we recommend going about 10–20% larger. Talk to us about your plant's needs if you’re unsure about whether or not to re-pot. Spring is a great time to repot or size up to allow for the natural flow of the plant's growth.
Please pay attention to the actual interior pot size listed to make sure it’s the desired size. As a grower's pot can vary in dimensions, your plant might have to be potted if the grower’s pot doesn’t fit exactly in the pot.
For outdoor plants, you must take into consideration overwintering the plant to mimic in ground planting: more soil, more insulative properties. Speak to us about what plants might work well for overwintering outside.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.