Yucca gigantea Bush Form 14"
Yucca is a genus of perennial shrubs and trees in the Asparagaceae family. It is commonly called the "Spineless Yucca" or "Yucca Cane" and its synonym is Yucca elephantipes. Gigantea has rosettes of sword shaped stiff and rugged foliage and can create a stump style tree like stature. Stateley and tough.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering - dry down 15%
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Light: Yucca plants require 4-6 hours of direct sun. While they may survive in only indirect light, they will need some direct rays in order to grow. Place in front of an east, west, or south-facing window.
Water: Yuccas are highly sensitive to overwatering. Water your plant once a week during the spring and summer growing season, but make sure it has excellent drainage and dries out between waterings. Come winter, decrease your watering cadence to once every few weeks (or even less). Never let a Yucca plant sit in a tray of water. Signs of overwatering include leaf yellowing and cane rotting at the soil line.
Environment: The Yucca is native to the arid climates of the Americas and Caribbean, running from Guatemala to southeastern Mexico. In its native environment, the yucca can grow to 30 feet tall and produce white flowers.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to pets and humans.
- Yucca has relatively few insect problems, but it is susceptible to scale or mealybugs, so make sure to check your plant regularly.
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.